As the first point of contact, you will need great verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with clients in a positive, friendly, and professional manner. You will need to ensure you are organized, well-presented, able to work well under pressure, and flexible with your availabilities.
The initial Internship period is 3 months; however, a paid internship is available to the right candidate based on job performance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers
- Provide support to the director and management teams
- Schedule meetings, training, organizing travel as well as prepare meeting minutes, process expenses, and organized rafting emails
- Client liaison both by phone and face to face
- Preparation of reports, presentations, and other general office management duties
- Co-ordinating events and functions
- Managing the front desk and the reception role
- Liaison with external IT consultant to maintain IT systems and software updates
- Duties will include client relations, answering incoming calls
- Protect the integrity of the company and all its staff, and ensuring to adhere to the strict risk and compliance protocols that are put in place to ensure you act in the best interests of all parties involved
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures when required
- Undertake any training required by Abacus from time to time
- Update the contact list when required
- Assist with account opening of new staffs
- Assist with staff on gaining their accreditation
Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
Attention to details
Ability to self-motivate, self-manage, and work both autonomously and as part of a team.
Excellent time management and organizational skills
Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to follow the correct escalation process
Persistence, self-control, Pro-active
Sound judgment and decision-making abilities
Computer literate - experience using word processing, spreadsheet, data management, and desktop publishing software
Good customer service skills
Professional and polite phone manner as always
Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
High level of initiative, along with a proactive nature
Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Ability to work to deadlines, along with the flexibility to manage changing priorities.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Meanwhile, please also advise the following in your email:
- the current visa type, working restriction if applicable
- the position you are applying for (position full time or part-time)
- the preferred work location (MEL CBD/MEL BH/Sydney/BNE/ACT)